Healing Foods for DummiesBook - 1999
You must know by now—since you’ve heard it at least a million times since kindergarten—that eating too much junk food and other poor quality, empty-calorie foods, will make you look and feel lousy and ruin your health. And you also know that eating a balanced diet will help keep you healthy and looking good. But did you know that there are foods that actually heal? Harassed by hay fever? Try garlic or onions, or if you prefer something sweet, try papaya or pineapple. Bugged by dermatitis? Broccoli and kale can stop the itch, so can salmon and tuna. For earaches you might try ginger, walnuts, onions, or papaya. And chili peppers are great for relieving the symptoms of bronchitis.
The delicious way to better health, Healing Foods For Dummies puts the “treat” back in treatment. Packed with shopping tips, cooking tricks, and more than 60 scrumptious recipes, this bountiful guide shows you how to:
- Harness the healing power of ordinary foods
- Know which foods to avoid for specific problems
- Help reduce the risk of cancer, stroke and heart attack
- Relieve the symptoms of common ailments
- Fight off fatigue and improve your mood
- Get your family eating right
Guided by crack nutritionist and bestselling author of nutritional guides and award-winning cookbooks, Molly Siple, you’ll discover hundreds of healing foods and the vitamins, minerals and therapeutic phytochemicals they contain.
From alfalfa to zucchini, she describes an array of best nutritional remedies, and she supplies:
- Easy-to-follow instructions on how to shop for healthy, good tasting foods
- A Symptom Guide—simple and easy nutritional remedies for more than 80 common conditions, listed alphabetically by symptom
- An A-to-Z guide to 100 healing foods available at your neighborhood supermarket
- More than 60 recipes for easy-to-prepare healing appetizers, beverages, breads, breakfasts, condiments and seasonings, dairy foods, desserts, and more
This friendly, caring, and accessible introduction to the world of healing foods medicine is a fun, fact-filled resource for anyone looking for a safe, easy-to-use alternative, or supplement, to conventional medicine, and who looks forward to a long, healthy life.
Baker & Taylor
Features essential data on nutrition, one hundred recipes designed to unleash nature's healing properties, and an A-to-Z symptom reference guide
Healthy living is the goal of this introduction to nutrition basics, featuring essential data on nutrition, one hundred delectable recipes designed to unleash nature's healing properties, and an A-to-Z symptom reference. Original. 20,000 first printing.