CUBABook - 2017
Lonely Planet Cuba is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Walk through Havana's cobbled streets; stay in a private homestay; and hop on your bike and hit the quintessentially rural Cuba in Valle de Vinales; all with your trusted travel companion.
#1 best-selling guide to Cuba*
Lonely Planet Cuba is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Walk through Havana's cobbled streets and evoke the ghosts of mega-rich sugar barons and sabre-rattling buccaneers; stay in a private homestay where you can quickly uncover the nuances of everyday Cuban life; and hop on your bike and hit the quintessentially rural Cuba in Valle de Vinales; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Cuba and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Cuba Travel Guide:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, architecture, cuisine, music, dance, outdoor activities, literature, culture
- Free, convenient pull-out Havana city map (included in print version), plus over 50 color maps
- Covers Havana, Artemisa, Isla de la Juventud, Valle de Vinales, Pinar del Rio, Bay of Pigs, Santa Clara, Sancti Spiritus, Granma, Santiago de Cuba, Guantanamo and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Cuba, our most comprehensive guide to Cuba, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less traveled
Looking for more coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Caribbean Islands guide for a comprehensive look at what the whole Caribbean has to offer.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and phrasebooks for 120 languages, and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You'll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, 12 international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more, enabling you to explore every day. Lonely Planet enables the curious to experience the world fully and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves, near or far from home.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)