Adobe InDesign CS2 BibleeBook - 2005
If InDesign CS2 can do it, you can do it too ...
Here's everything you need to make the most of the software that's fast becoming the dominant professional tool. Take advantage of dynamic spell-checking, or create anchored objects that follow the text referring to them. Learn new object styles that let you easily apply consistent formatting and easily repeat transformations. Whether you're producing an ad campaign, a magazine, or an interactive PDF file, this comprehensive reference takes you step by step through the processes and techniques you need to create stunning layout projects.
Inside, you'll find complete coverage of InDesign CS2
- Enjoy enhanced integration with Adobe® Photoshop®, Illustrator®, and Acrobat®
- Quickly apply formatting to almost any object with new object styles
- Improve text handling with automatic bulleted or numbered lists, intelligent paragraph alignment, customizable Word import, and footnoting
- Customize InDesign with keyboard shortcuts, workspace arrangements, and other saved presets
- Easily switch presets in multi-user environments
- Use nested styles to apply multiple levels of formatting to text
- Create custom colors and duotone effects
- Learn how to make the switch from QuarkXPress® and PageMaker® painlessly
- Simplify workgroup operations with the InCopy® add-on
Intended for professional designers, this guide walks through the process of laying out a document with the latest version of the InDesign desktop publishing application. Naturally, the largest section is devoted to working with text, but other sections address objects, graphics, output, and specialty publishing techniques. The appendices identify what is new to InDesign CS2, and offer advice on switching from QuarkXPress or PageMaker. Annotation ©2005 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)